Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Written 34000 ft above the Atlantic Ocean


Flying is like time travel. 
This post is more than slightly inspired by the jet lag and the fact that I'm reading a novel about time travel right now (The Map of Time by Felix J. Palma if anyone's interested). I just can't help but be fascinated by the fact that I left SFO before 8 am  and then arrived in Madrid before 8 am the next day. With the time time differences, two 6 hour flights resulted in a day of traveling. 
Also, I have a new favorite airline. Aer lingus, which is an Irish company. I was pleasantly surprised by the quality of my flying experience. Ok, plugs aside, it's been a pretty great journey so far. *knocks on wood* We'll see how I feel later on. After all, it isn't that late back home. The time I would normally go to sleep isn't for another 3 hours, but by then I'll be in Spain. Until then, besos from over the Atlantic.

No comments:

Post a Comment