Monday, September 17, 2012

A Case of the Mondays

Even though I have a three day weekend every weekend, I still feel like I don't have enough time in the weekend to do things I want to do and still have energy to do everything I need to do. After my action packed weekend, homework was the last thing I wanted to do. I just did not have the energy to focus on reading difficult literature in a foreign language. I woke up early to finish my homework from the weekend. And today I'll probably have to do the same thing.  I don't finish class until late and it takes me a while to get home. On days I see my language exchange partner, which is most school days, I have an hour at home before I have to leave again. It is relaxing though to have a coffee and chat for a while. I usually come home just in time for dinner. After dinner, it's after 10pm and I'm exhausted. Especially on work days because I have to hurry to and from the office so I'm not late to work or class. I also ended up walking almost everywhere today too. During dinner my host mom even pointed out just how tired I look. Unfortunately a good nights sleep is not likely to be on the agenda for tonight. Too much homework.

On a side note, my host mom made a delicious dinner of pan fried fish and vinegary lettuce salad. Super simple but amazingly delicious. I could eat that almost everyday. I'm glad I'm living in a coastal city because the seafood is quite tasty. Can't beat freshness.

No comments:

Post a Comment