Thursday, September 13, 2012

First full week finished

Every weekend is a three day weekend for me. Considering how busy my schedule is, this is a very good thing. Everything is back to back for me. I barely have 10 minutes to eat my lunch. At least I'm making the most of my time here. I'm still waiting for that moment of culture shock when it all becomes overwhelming. I mean, I'm pretty much gone from 10 am to 9pm. Then it's dinner time and after that I do my homework. I stay up pretty late, but at least I don't have to wake up early.

Today was nice, except for the rain. I'm getting really good at the Spainish language as spoken in Spain. I already knew vosotros forms but I'm starting to drop my very Madrid accent and speak like people here in Northern Spain. Present perfect is becoming part of my daily vocabulary instead of preterite.

Additionally, I'm starting to pick up on Basque. Our professor convinced the photocopiest here to practice our Basque with us when we bought our books. We all showed up and he said something in Basque we had not learned and we all just looked at our professor. She laughed at us and told him to stick to the script she'd given us because he was throwing us off. Luckily not too many people were around to witness our fumbling in Basque.

Tomorrow I'm going to the San Telmo Museum. The day after I'm going to a farm in the French Basque Country. It's apple harvest time. Apparently this is an authentic Basque experience so I'm in. Should be an awesome weekend. Real Sociedad is also playing in Anoeta this Sunday. Considering that I live across the street and it's right outside my window. I'm not so sure I want to spend the euros on tickets but I might find a sports bar or something to watch it in, if I can't watch it on tv here.

No comments:

Post a Comment